Merry Christmas Kasey!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Merry Christmas Kasey!

Post by Mikhail Ballack on Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:35 am

Hi Kasey!

This is a quick Christmas-ey fanfic, because writing is all I know how to do and I completely suck at photo editing. XD

Title:The Best Christmas Ever
Characters: Emery Ballack, Haley Bautista

“I WANT THAT NOW!” the six-year-old Haley screamed, scribbling down another toy on her Christmas list before going back to staring at the TV.

"Haley, your list is getting ridiculously long," Emery pointed out. Having now reached the slightly more mature age of eleven, he looked at his own Christmas list, which consisted of only a video game and a new controller for his Xbox. He peered over the little girl’s shoulder and paled when he saw that she had twenty-seven toys written on her paper. "I don't think Santa can fit all that stuff on his sleigh..."

"Emmy, Santa can do anything!” Haley explained, as if that was the most obvious thing in the world. “I've been a really good girl, so Santa can definitely bring me all my presents!" Emery sighed and took the list from the younger girl, reading through it.

"Look, there’s nothing wrong with taking off things you don’t really need! I mean, I don't think you need a helicopter, a machine gun, a dragon…or poker chips!” He lowered the list and gave Haley a deadpanned stare. “Why the heck do you need poker chips anyway?"

"Why not have poker chips?" Haley retorted testily. “And why can’t I have the other things you mentioned?”

"First of all, a helicopter isn't going to fit in your house. I don't know why you want a machine gun, because I’m pretty sure the grown-ups won’t let us touch guns in general. Dragons aren't real, and you're only six-years old—you don't need poker chips!"

"But Emmy! That's what I want Santa to bring me!" Haley shouted, slapping at his arms with her little hands. Emery rolled his eyes, not affected by her beating in the slightest.

"Why don't you just ask for a new Barbie, instead of a…a vacuum cleaner?" he asked, trying to keep his tone neutral. Why would a six-year-old want a vacuum cleaner?

"Seriously, Emmy? Barbies are for mindless little kids! I'm six!"

"Okay, well, why do you want a vacuum cleaner?" he asked flatly.

"…"

"…"

"I dunno."

Emery sighed, and patted Haley on the head. "And this is my point. Ask for things you know you want. Not things adults would want. If you ask for things like that, Santa will think you're just being greedy, and he won't bring you anything."

“…”

“…”

"Fine," Haley muttered, hanging her head in defeat.

Emery walked through the isle at the toy store, holding Haley's Christmas list in his hands. He looked up and down at all the toys and dolls lined up on the shelves. Groaning, he moved onto the next isle when he didn't find anything.

"Emery, are you finished?" Mikhail asked, touching his son’s shoulder. "You don’t want to be late for your slumber party with little Haley, do you?"

"No, but…" Emery frowned—he had already had found three of the things on Haley’s list, but he knew he had to get a few more so that the list he ultimately e-mailed to Santa was at least half its original length.

He did NOT want Haley to get coal for Christmas. Sure, the little Beach Ball was a bit greedy, but what six-year-old wasn’t a bit greedy at that phase in life? He had been about a hundred times worse, and he actually did get a lump of coal that year, for being so avaricious.

“Can we stay a few more minutes, Papa? I just wanna find a few more things," Emery answered.

"Liebchen, three presents from you is enough! Just let Santa and her parents bring her the rest," Mikhail exclaimed. Emery sighed and shook his head.

"I guess you're right," he mumbled. "Let’s go pay for all this.”

“Alright.” Mikhail dug into his pocket and pulled out a hundred-dollar-bill. “Here’s some money. I think this should cover it—”

"It’s okay!" Emery said quickly. “I have my own money, Papa.” His father stared at him in confusion, before he smiled gently at his son.

"Emmy, I don’t think your allowance is big enough to cover all this."

"I know. That’s why I sold some of my old toys and stuff on EBay!"

“You what?!” The look of confusion on Mikhail’s face was now a look of complete shock. “When did you get an EBay account?”

“I used Maria’s account, silly!” Emery explained, grinning. “She helped me find people who wanted all the old toys I didn’t wanna play with anymore. It was a good way to clean out my room and make some money so that I didn’t have to bother you all the time for new things!” He puffed out his chest, clearly proud of himself. “Smart, aren’t I?”

“An extraordinary genius, you are,” Mikhail agreed, laughing as he slung an arm over his boy’s shoulders. “Come on, let get out of here and wrap these things up.”

Emery sat in the Bautista’s guest bedroom, wrapping up the last of his gifts for Haley. He yawned and slapped a piece of tape onto one last present. After writing her name on them, he stuffed them in his closet and climbed into bed.

Glancing at the clock, he saw that it was almost midnight. Candice and Dave, as well as his own father, would be sneaking out of their rooms any minute now to get the presents and put them under the Christmas tree for Haley and himself. He knew Santa would be bringing some more gifts later, but because he had sent Saint Nick an incomplete list, he needed to get downstairs himself and sneak the rest of Haley’s presents under the tree.

He heard his bedroom door creak open and Candice slowly walked in, frowning at Emery.
"Why are you still up, Emery?" she sighed, walking over to his bed and sitting down next to him. "It's really late."

"Sorry.” He smiled sheepishly at Candice, putting on his most innocent expression as he held up a present. “I was just wrapping a few more gifts," he informed her. The Diva frowned again and gave him a disapproving look.

"Sweetie, I told you not to get presents for Haley. Dave and I can get them for her, remember? And besides, Santa will be coming, too."

Emery gave her a tiny nod, but deep down, he knew that Santa wasn’t going to get Haley everything she wanted. Even with the condensed list he e-mailed, there was still a chance she would end up with nothing but coal in her stocking.

"It's not about the presents," he mumbled. “I just don’t want the Beach Ball to be disappointed.” Candice gave him a small smile, and pressed a kiss to his forehead.

"Go to sleep now, Emery," she said, standing up and making her way to the closet. "Haley's gonna be waking you up early, I'm sure, and you need all the energy you can get to put up with her excitement.” Emery giggled as he lay down in bed and closed his eyes. He slowly felt himself drifting off as Candice turned the light off and closed the guestroom door.

At least, he would have drifted off, had the door not opened again not fifteen minutes later.

Groaning, he cautiously open one eye as this time, Haley’s head poked into the room. Pushing aside his fatigue, he smiled and motioned for her to come in while moving over in his bed. She darted over to him and dived under the warm covers, snuggling next to him.

"Emery, I think I heard Santa!" she told him, her brown eyes wide and full of excitement. "He was downstairs putting the presents under the tree! I bet if I went down I would've seen him!"

Emery laughed and pulled the little girl into his arms for a warm hug. "You're not supposed to see him, though," he said. "It's supposed to be a surprise in the morning."

"But I can't help it if I have good hearing and heard Santa Claus in our house!" she exclaimed. "We gotta go see Santa before he leaves!"

Emery smiled as he laid her down in his bed. He pulled the blankets up over both of them and wrapped his arm around her tiny body. "I think he already left, Beach Ball," he said.

"Awwwww," she whined, kicking at the blankets in protest. Emery felt his smile grow.

"Just go to sleep, okay? Morning will come before you know it!"

"It better! If it doesn’t, I’ll kick you in the shins!"

“You’re mean, Beach Ball.”

“Oh, shut up Emmy!”

"EMMY! EMMY EMMY EMMY EMMY EMMY! GET UP! SANTA WAS HERE AND HE LEFT US PRESENTS! EMMMMMMMMMY!"

The eleven-year-old groaned and rolled over, struggling to sit up, only to find Haley's face less than an inch away from his own. “GAH!” he shrieked, nearly toppling off the bed in fright. “Haley! Don’t do that! My heart was about to leap out of my chest!”

“…”

“…”

"Santa was here, Emmy," the little girl whispered.

Sighing in defeat, Emery climbed out of bed and took Haley by the hand, letting the smaller girl drag him out of the room. They both stopped in front of the beautiful, green, decorated Christmas tree, a huge smile plastered across Haley’s face while Emery stared at the tree in wonder.

"PRESENTS!" Haley screamed. Behind them, Candice, Dave, and Mikhail slowly came out from their hiding place behind the sofa, laughing at the sight of the two children’s excitement and awe.

"Go ahead, guys!” Dave said cheerfully. “Open your gifts!"

Both Emery and Haley sat down on the ground and started ripping the packages open one at a time. Emery opened a big box and found exactly what he wanted: a video game and a new Xbox controller. He smiled and held them up to his father.

"Santa rocks!" he yelled. Mikhail only smiled and nodded excitedly.

"That’s great, Emery!" Candice agreed with a laugh. "And baby girl…” She turned to Haley and affectionately smoothed out her daughter’s hair. “What did you get?"

Haley held up the favorite of her gifts, and Candice, Dave, and Mikhail all knew that Emery had to have gotten it for her.

"Look, Mommy! I got my own ice skates!” Haley waved the white skates in the air excitedly. “I got the ones I wanted, Mommy! See them?" Candice nodded again and looked at Emery who was smiling at the little girl.

"Did you want them, Haley?" the little boy asked, feigning innocence.

"Yeah! I don't know how Santa knew that! He's magical and AWESOME! THANK YOU, SANTA!"

Emery laughed and passed her another gift that he bought, but he didn't say a word.
As they finished opening up the last of the presents, Haley jumped into Emery's arms. He held her and squeezed her tiny body.

"This is the best Christmas ever!" Haley exclaimed. Emery smiled.

She was right. It really was the best Christmas ever.
Mikhail Ballack

Back to top Go down

Re: Merry Christmas Kasey!

Post by Alexander Monehan on Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:00 am

ZOMG! This was the cutest thing ever! AW! <3 Thank you Maddie!

Merry Christmas!
Alexander Monehan

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum