WWE: Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dance (A Candice/Jericho fanfic)

3 posters

Go down

The Dance (A Candice/Jericho fanfic) Empty The Dance (A Candice/Jericho fanfic)

Post by Guest Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:31 pm

The restaurant was spacious, large, and dimly lit. The faint golden glow of a single candle illuminated a table set to perfection, the light of the flame sparkling and dancing off the fine china and polished silver. Separated only by this simple centerpiece and a length of table covered in crisp white linen, Chris Jericho and Candice Michelle sat quietly across one another, enjoying their meal.

Chris reached for his wine, taking this opportunity to cast another glance at his dinner partner. It had been nearly impossible for him to keep his eyes off Candice this evening and the champagne filled-crystal glass lingered at his lips, allowing him an extra few unguarded moments to appreciate the view. The Diva was dressed exquisitely in a black velvet, shoulder-less dress, with her hair piled in soft ringlets atop her head. To Chris, she was the very vision of feminine perfection.

"Are you enjoying yourself?" he asked suddenly, causing Candice to glance up into his watchful eyes.

She smiled and dabbed at the corner of her mouth with the burgundy linen napkin. "Enjoying myself? Oh, pretty much. This is a wonderful restaurant, Chris."

He reached into the silver wine bucket beside the table, pulling out the half-empty bottle of Dom Perignon 78. Without asking he replenished her glass and then his, before returning the wine bottle to its home.

"Thank you," she murmured, taking a delicate sip of the champagne. "I guess I'm still a bit overwhelmed, I guess. And confused."

"Oh?" Chris raised an eyebrow. "Confused about what, Candice?"

She shrugged her bare shoulders, causing the blond man's heart to skip a beat. "Well, when you asked me out to dinner, I guess I just didn't envision this, " she gestured to the elegant surroundings. "It's more than what I expected, really. I thought we'd just crash at my place, buy pizza, and pig out."

"Well..." Chris hesitated, his eyes focusing on the soft skin between Candice's shoulder and neck, moving slowly up to catch her brown eyes with his own. "We just don't get out enough, you know. Not like this, I mean. No work, just us. As...friends." He smiled seductively and drew out the last word.

Candice blushed delicately, taking another sip of champagne.

Chris's smile grew. He loved bringing the rose out in her cheeks and he always knew just how to do it. "Besides," he continued, "you seemed a bit down this week. I though maybe a special night out would cheer you up."

Candice quickly looked away, concentrating on centering her napkin squarely on her lap.

"Look…if there was something wrong, something bothering you, I hope you'd feel like you could talk with me about it?" Chris tilted his head in question.

"Hmm..." Candice's gaze flickered briefly between her food and Chris's now inquisitive eyes. "Oh, it's nothing, really. Just…." She fumbled with her napkin again, pulling it to her mouth to cover her unease, her eyes flitting away from her friend's.

"Candice?" Chris reached a hand over to gently gasp hers.

"It's really stupid," she said finally, taking a deep breath. "It's nothing to worry about, really..." She glanced up and smiled into his eyes, but her smile faltered at his fierce look of determination. Sighing, she shook her head. "Oh, if you're going to be like that, then...fine. This week…..well, actually, tonight…..is my anniversary. Mine and...and Dave's." She bit her lip, the words suddenly catching in her throat. "Well, it would have been my anniversary, to be more accurate. If we hadn't…..I mean if we'd stayed….well, you know."

She kept her eyes averted from Chris and gently pulled her hand free of his. She tried to focus on the couples dancing on the small dance floor in the corner of the room, surprised by the tears that had filled her eyes. No, she weasn't going to cry. She wasn't going to cry.

"Oh god." Chris winced slightly. "I guess it still kinda hurts, huh? Oh wait, I didn't mean...uh..."

Damn it. He regretted the question before it even escaped his lips. He was embarrassed that he'd pushed her into revealing such a personal loss in the first place. He was also vaguely annoyed that that she was still grieving over her relationship with Dave. Her melancholy over her break-up touched him in ways he was ill-prepared to deal with. If they'd been trapped in a ring filled with fat, hulking, sweaty Umagas, who all wanted to crush their forms into itty-bitty pieces of dust, he wouldn't have a moment of trouble finding the right words to tell her that everything would be okay…that the great and all-mighty Chris Jericho would be able to get them out of any fix they might be in.

However, this….this was different matter. A matter of the heart. This was territory that Chris was definitely uncomfortable with. No game plan to draw on, no set rules to follow in this game. There was nothing he hated more than being faced with something he wasn't good at, and he was definitely not good at this.

Candice finally drew her gaze away from the dance floor, fixing the blond with eyes that were still slightly bright with tears. "I guess it still hurts, a little," she whispered hoarsely. Her chin crinkled slightly, the corners of her mouth dropping. "I'm sorry...It's not even that I still love Dave. I mean, I did love him with all my heart." She glanced quickly up at Chris. Noticing his rather pained expression, she rushed on. "It's just that...it's just that we were together, and it failed TWICE. Both times because he cheated on me. And that's not an easy thing to reconcile. You just always kind of remember the day you got together, with all the hopes and dreams and plans and……well, you never think it's going to end up like this. I guess this time of year always reminds me of those failures. The failures that Dave and I have to live with. I guess in some way I wish it could have been different, that's all. And yet, I know this is the only way it could be. You know what I mean? Oh, this is so ridiculous. I feel so stupid."

"Hey, it's not stupid." Chris again reached for her hand, this time holding it firmly in his grasp. He dropped his search for a game plan and decided the only rules to this game were going to come from instinct. He rubbed his thumb over the knuckles of her hand. "I do understand what you mean, Candy. But I think you need to cut yourself a little slack. From what you've told me, you really made an effort to keep your relationship together. It just didn't work, that's all. It happens. I don't see that as a failure. You're still here, still alive and kicking. How can that be a failure?" Her continued frown showed him he had not been able to convince her. "Look, Candice, you're just a very sensitive person. There's nothing wrong with that. You feel things more. That's not always a bad thing. It makes you the person you are. You know, I bet I'd feel the same way if I…ah….well, I mean, if it were me and …..ah….." He trailed off not knowing exactly how to finish what he'd started. He'd been on a roll of sorts and suddenly it felt like he'd rolled right off a cliff. Now it was his turn to pull his hand away and avert his eyes towards the dancers.

"..."

"..."

"Thank you, Chris," Candice smiled at him as he looked over at her.

"For what? Dinner? Please, no, it was—"

"No, thank you for being a good friend. And for noticing that something had been bothering me. It helped to just acknowledge it…to talk about it. It really did." She reached across the table and tenderly touched Chris's cheek. She felt the muscles in his face tense, briefly, and she began to pull away when he drew her hand back, kissing the palm and holding it softly against his lips.

The band started a new song, a slow romantic melody that Chris vaguely recognized. He reluctantly relinquished her hand, smiling gently at her. When her beautiful eyes twinkled back at him he realized that he was beginning to do the one thing he'd sworn he'd never do again. He was falling in love with this woman. At the very back of his mind, he knew that this wasn't right, not now, not when her heart was still so pained and vulnerable. He knew that there would be problems in the road ahead, problems that wouldn't be easy to solve, especially if Dave himself was still lurking in the corners of the picture. But looking into her sparkling brown eyes, he just couldn't muster up too much concern about his predicament. At this moment, he didn't want to worry or think about anything other than Candice. He needed nor wanted anything beyond simply holding this woman in his arms.

"Would you like to dance?" he asked her quietly. Chris nodded and Chris stood, pulling her to her feet and over to the dance floor. Taking her into his arms, Candice suddenly seemed so very small. Delicate and fragile. Like the moment between them. He held her tighter, pulling her slender body against his as she laid her head on his shoulder with a sigh so tender it nearly broke his heart. His breath rustled the tendrils of hair at the nape of her neck and the scent of her perfume enveloped him until all he could think and all he could feel was being in her embrace.

Was this how it was supposed to feel? Was this it? This total, overwhelming sense of everything in the world spiraling down to this one moment? It just seemed so simple and yet so perfectly complex. It was the answer to all his questions. It was a million more questions left to answer. But they had plenty of time to figure it all out…all the time in the world. Right now, this instant, there was only the two of them, in each other's arms, swaying slowly to the music.

"Could I have this dance, for the rest of my life?" Chris whispered.

Candice leaned back, looking up into his face, a question in her eyes.

"The song," he smiled down at her. "Isn't that the lyrics to this song?"

With a knowing smile, Candice moved back closer into circle of Chris's arms, her breath warm on his neck. "Yes." she murmured softly, answering both his questions.

Last edited by Mikhail Ballack on Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:14 pm; edited 6 times in total

Back to top Go down

The Dance (A Candice/Jericho fanfic) Empty Re: The Dance (A Candice/Jericho fanfic)

Post by Shane McMahon Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:42 pm

Awwwwwwwwwwww! That is so friggin' sweet! I love it. I love the way you wrote this.

Candico!! How adorable are they? xD Awesome job Maddie!

Shane McMahon
Admin

http://wwe-rev.webs.com

Back to top Go down

The Dance (A Candice/Jericho fanfic) Empty Re: The Dance (A Candice/Jericho fanfic)

Post by Guest Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:32 pm

You're too kind. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelly Kelly Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:45 am

That is so sweet Smile

Great job Maddie Very Happy
Kelly Kelly
Kelly Kelly

Back to top Go down

Post by Candice Michelle Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:33 pm

Aw fabulous job Maddie! I love Candico almost as much as Candice/Dave.

And to answer your question, Dave's innocent this time. It was all a setup by Trish's evil sister Nikki, Candice just thinks he cheated again Shocked poor Dave lol
Candice Michelle
Candice Michelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:44 pm

Eep. Dave is innocent?

Well, I feel sheepish. Embarassed I shall have to write another fic on their reunion, then...

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum